STONE FENCE THEATRE is a non-profit charity founded in October 2002 dedicated to cultural, heritage and economic development in the Ottawa Valley. We are based in Killaloe, Ontario, although we have performed in many places around the Ottawa Valley and have no permanent home yet.
- Our mandate is to foster artistic, heritage and historic awareness by developing and producing theatre, music, dance, storytelling and comedy in, of, and about the Ottawa Valley. The company takes its name from the miles of stone fences that crisscross Renfrew County - a testament to the years of backbreaking work done by the local settlers who cleared the land.
- Stone Fence Theatre is the Ottawa Valley's heritage theatre company, specializing in original, usually musical productions. Shows we've mounted include:
2003: Up The Line! Valley Tales from the Summer Kitchen
2004: Reflections Of A Century - The Musical, by Ish Theilheimer and Barry Goldie
2005: Al Capone's Hideout
2005: Looking Back at Mac, by Ish Theilheimer
2005: Valley Irish
2006: Here To Stay, by Ish Theilheimer
2006: Upstream to Basin Depot, by Barry Goldie
2007: The Train She Blew for Killaloe, by Ish Theilheimer and Barry Goldie
2008: Tales of Bennie Afelskie, by Ish Theilheimer
2009: Country Sparking at Sunnydale Acres, by Ish Theilheimer
2010: On the Air with Mac's Melodiers
2011: The Opeongo Opera, by Ish Theilheimer
2012: Schoolhouse, by Leanna Brodie
2013: Bonnechere River: Future Tense,by Ish Theilheimer, Johanna Zomers and the collective, produced for the the Bonnechere River Watershed Project
2013: There's Hippies Up the Line!, by Ish Theilheimer and Johanna Zomers
2014: G'day, We're from the Valley, EH!
2015" Here Comes the Train! The Ottawa Valley Railway Story
2015: Valley Vic and The Christmas Temptations
2016: Stag and Doe, by Mark Crawford
2016: High Times at the Heart Institute, by Ish Theilheimer
2017: Stick Out Your Tongue and Say MOO, by Ish Theiheimer
- 2018: I Come from the Valley! Tales and Times of Joan Finnigan, by Ish Theilheimer, with Johanna Zomers
- We work with local performers, artists, production help, community organizations, churches, farmers, businesses and the Ottawa Valley Tourist Association to create employment and make the Valley a cultural tourism destination.
- We at Stone Fence Theatre believe cultural and economic development go hand in hand. While the company works to make the Ottawa Valley a tourist destination, its work builds local pride, self-esteem and cultural participation. The telling of local stories by local people provides a range of spin-off benefits to the community. The company provides paid work and a training ground for performers, backstage and office workers.
The Stone Fence team includes:
Board of Directors
Chris Hinsperger, President;
Lorainne MacDonald, Treasurer
Arlene Goldie, Secretary
Directors: Irene Daley, George Martin, Mark Woermke, Johanna Zomers
Our mailing address is:
Stone Fence Theatre
PO Box 184
Tickets: 613-401-1497 Toll Free 1-866-310-1004
Ontario corporation number: 1551588
Registered Canadian charity: BN898956503RR0001